Featuring 11 Chefs - including a MasterChef winner and our very own Founder Dee Momi sharing their ideas for the ultimate toast toppings to try for an upgrade to satisfy your sweet or savoury tooth!
Vegan + Gluten-Free Spiced Baked Beans Recipe
“The best baked beans are ones flavoured with Indian spices – they're also a great vegan option you can enjoy any time of day and take just five minutes to prepare. This recipe was a staple in my youth, and also tastes amazing in a toastie or over roasted sweet potatoes." - Dee Momi - Chef, Nutritionist + Founder at MINT
1. Gently heat 1tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan, on medium heat.
2. Add a chopped onion and cook for 2 minutes until softened.
3. Add 2 cloves of garlic and 1 tsp of cumin seeds, stirring so the garlic doesn't burn.
4. When the seeds start to pop (around 30 seconds) add 1 tsp of garam masala, ½ tsp of turmeric, 1 tsp of curry powder and ¼ tsp of chilli flakes.
5. Add a splash of water if the spices start to catch on the pan and cook for a minute, then add the baked beans, turn up the heat a little and warm through.
6. Serve on toasted seeded bread or allow to cool before adding to a toastie.